"Our greatest responsibility is to be good ancestors."

-Jonas Salk

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Texas Board of Education Meeting on Slashdot

The final vote on the State Board of Education curriculum standard is tomorrow.

The story is not just on Slashdot but also the WSJ.

I have half a mind to go watch the ceremony seeing as I'm in town. Maybe get me a fedora and a little card that says press. But it's just a ceremony. Why burn a day's vacation time just to be exasperated bu a new group when my main hobby involves so much exasperation already. I figure the vote is the vote and the ceremony will just waste a day.

Catch up here, and come back tomorrow evening for the news.

Update 3/25/09 5 PM CDT: Texas Freedom Network is liveblogging as I type.

Update 3/25/09 8 PM: I misunderstood. Final testimony is today. The vote is tomorrow- Thursday the 26th. Sorry for the inadvertent suspense.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm, doesn't slashdotting most often mean that when Slashdot links to something, it goes down. Ie in the vein of a a denial of service attack.

Michael Tobis said...

Fair enough. Apologies. Title is fixed.